Hey everyone! Happy Friday! This isn’t my usual kind of post, but after being nominated a while ago for the Liebster Award by Sarah @ Boxnip and then more recently by Chelsea Ann @ ThinkFeelStrong, I thought it was about time I accepted the nominations and get mine done! So a huge thanks to Sarah and Chelsea Ann!
Sarah’s blog is aesthetically stunning, and she blogs about all things beauty and lifestyle. She is a Korean beauty obsessive, and a lover of all things stationery. You should definitely check out her blog.
I love reading Chelsea Ann’s blog. She writes about lifestyle and empowerment. I think she is inspirational. Not only is she a student, she is a young woman who dedicates her spare time to empower other woman across the world.
If I’ve nominated you and you have NO idea who I am, then that’s awesome. I think I’m doing this right. It’s also worth mentioning that I’ve purposely left off some of the “bigger” blogs who already get a lot of exposure and have lots of readers.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
My Favourite Blog
One of my favourite blogs belongs to Leah at DevotedToPink
. She blogs about all things beauty, lifestyle to travel!
Even before I started blogging at the beginning of this year, I was following Leah’s blog. Although she has a high amount of followers, she takes the time to reply and respond to everyone who contacts her and isn’t scared to give opinions on taboo subjects.
Leah is a full time business owner & marketer by day and an awesome girl boss. For the rest of the time, she is an award winning blogger, and it’s not hard to see why when you take a look at her social media platforms and blog.
Here are 10 facts about me
1 | I am a huge coffee addict. I can’t go a day where I don’t drink it.
2 | I am a mother of two. My eldest is four and my youngest has just turned one.
3 | I am a manager at a supermarket chain store and have recently returned after 11 months on maternity leave.
4 | I am originally from Merseyside, but now live in Yorkshire.
5 | My best friend is my mum. We live that close, that I can see her front room from my front room.
6 | My favourite food is Indian. Restaurant or takeaway, as long as it tastes amazing I’m not bothered.
7 | I am a breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing parent. I have breastfed for a total of 29 months and still going.
8 | I have never been to spa and this is something that is on my list of things to do.
9 | I am an only child.
10 | My favourite TV show is Supernatural. I watched 9 seasons in one year after my partner introduced me to it.
My questions from Sarah
1 | What is your most favourite thing in the world – can’t be a person or animal?
My most favourite thing in the world, is probably my phone. I don’t really go anywhere without it. I’m always checking it, and I even take it to the toilet. I know, I know, I can hear some of you saying ‘eww’ but some of you are saying ‘yea me too!’
2 | What’s the first thing you think of in the morning?
I never wake up naturally, I’m always woken by one of my kiddies. So the first thing I think of is ‘quick get up’ or ‘oh my god I really need the loo’.
3 | Name one thing thing you would put on your bucket list?
Taking this from my facts above, I would put going to a spa on my bucket list! It’s something so small but it’s something I really want to do.
4 | Why did you start blogging?
A friend of mine recommended that I start a blog. I had given it thought before, but always thought as a working mum I wouldn’t have any time to do it. But in January 2017 I set it up, and here I am today still going strong!
5 | Who is your biggest inspiration?
This is going to sound lame, but my mum is my biggest inspiration. She was a single parent, who had many struggles throughout my childhood and she managed to turn her life around for the both of us. We relocated over 80 miles away from our family and she still remained postive and became the successful business woman that she is today.
6 | What was the last book you read?
The Hungry Caterpillar. Haha!
7 | Skin care or makeup?
8 | If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Probably Australia. The country is beautiful, and the weather is great. A large selection of people I know have visited Australia and I have seen their pictures and have been so jealous!
9 | Twitter or Instagram?
10 | What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers. Build your own niche, take one day at a time!
Here are my nominations
1 | Lauren Hodgson
2 | Charlotte Amanda
3 | Laura O’ Toole
5 | Jasmine Amber
Here are my 10 questions for you
1 | What made you start blogging?
2 | What is your favorite part of blogging?
3 | What’s your favorite food?
4 | What makes you happy?
5 | Who’s your favourite ‘big blogger’ and why?
6 | What is your biggest fear?
7 | What is the one thing you could not live without?
8 | What’s your least favorite part of blogging?
9 | What are your top 3 tips for a beginner blogger?
10 | Where do you see your blog going in the future?
A final thank you to Sarah and Chelsea Anne for nominating me for the Liebster Award 2017. I look forward to reading my nominated bloggers answers to my questions.
Thanks for reading,
Chelsea Anne x